Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Rambling Toddler Thoughts

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s,
Happy St. Valentine's Day! The Ram awakened us with a huge balloon bouquet, oodles of chocolate hearts, and a big bunch of roses. He said he always gets funny looks when he shops for Valentine's Day, LOL. What a blessed man, to have sooo many "Valentines." We enjoy this day and love our DaddyRam. :-)
I thought I'd share with you a little giggle from a couple nights ago...
I was lying with Tater, settling him in for the night. He was quite drowsy, so I didn't think much of it when he stated, "I like bamboo." I didn't even open my eyes as I said, "Hmm...You do?"
"Yeah. He's my favorite reindeer," said Tater.
I still didn't open my eyes, but started thinking, "Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen..." Nope. No Bamboo. I still wasn't too concerned--we don't "do" Santa around here, though we talk about St. Nicholas...who didn't have any flying reindeer. Oh well. One can't always understand Toddler Logic. I nestled down and prepared to go to sleep. But T.T. wasn't finished...
I suddenly understood what he was talking about when he declared, "Yeah. Bamboo is the one in that movie who says, 'Watch what *I* can do!!'"
Though it was actually Thumper who said it, T.T.'s statement got the point across.


Well, must run. Need to go wipe a sticky mouth before it gets wiped on the sofa...
Y'all keep your wool dry!
The Ewe

P.S. Email me if you need an explanation of the above. :-)

3 comments:

Alipurr said...

ok, this is the third time i have tried to comment, ha ha, what's that scripture say....
tribulation works patience, and patience, experience, and experience, hope...

Well, I hope you guys are doing great...I could translate "Bamboo is my favorite reindeer" right away. Do I get a sticker? ha ha , must come from translating toddler thoughts with my Little One on a daily basis :)

Amy Hall said...

Yes! Alipurr, you win!!! You probably caught on to what he was referring to before his own mama did, LOL! HUGS

Alipurr said...

was good to see you yesterday