Monday, May 23, 2005

Life at the Fold--May 23

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s!
I just realized I'm not doing a very good job at reporting on the sometimes run-of-the-mill days around here, and that was kinda the point of my starting this blog. The Ram (for those of you just tuning in) deployed to Country Across the Sea last Dec. Before he left, he helped me set up this blog so that he could tune in and peek into our days here at The Fold. I'm going to attempt to post more often to provide that "peek."
I hadn't slept well the last 2 nights--Tater Tot had a very high fever and the Hot Tot just couldn't settle. So, The Ewe kept vigil Sat. and Sun. nights. Finally, today, his fever broke and he started acting like his old self. I'm looking forward to what I hope will be a better night tonight.
I hear tell that the workers showed up today at our house that we rent out down in TN. The work is tantalizingly close to being complete. Praise GOD!!! It's like a dream come true. LOL Thanks to you FOTES that contacted them.
On the menu today was baked cheeseburgers for lunch and pintos and hot cornbread for dinner. Dinner was served w/ butter and "sweet" tea. YUM! YUM! ("Sweet" is parenthesized, because for you true Southerners, it wouldn't be considered sweet. :-)
You'll notice that breakfast wasn't included on the menu, because I don't believe we had any. When we got up this morning, T.T. was very clingy and lunchtime got here before we'd had breakfast. It's not uncommon, though, for us to have only 2 meals a day--plus snacks.
Lawnmower Man's Mama came by and mowed our yard this afternoon. Lawnmower Man is a college student and is very busy--Mama's helping out for the time being. I have noticed that Mama has a little closer eye to detail than L.M. :-) Our yard looks really good this year, though my beloved tulips never made an appearance. Even my next favorite--black irises--were a no-show. Wah! :-(
The Lambies played out quite a bit today. Musical, who turns 5 tomorrow! has just about got her two-wheel bike-riding down. I'll be glad when her ability is perfected--she looks pretty beat up, LOL.
The Lambs also spent some time this evening scrubbing down the picnic table. For Mother's Day, a sweet couple of ladies at church gave all the mamas a picnic basket, filled with yummy picnic goodies. So, now that our table is all tidy, I'm anxious to pack a picnic. We may do that tomorrow for Musical's birthday.
Carnival and Lovable used some of their chore money last week to buy Musical a birthday gift. They are a thoughtful little pair. Carnival spent some time today planning out a party for her sister. It will be fun. :-)
Well, (yawn) I'm going to sign off for the night and hit the hay. (yawn) I'll update soon...
Y'all keep your wool dry,
The Ewe

No comments: