Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Flock's Back Home!

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s!
Well, we're all home in the Big City again. We actually got home a couple nights ago.
I wanted to share the words to a hymn that has come to mind repeatedly over the past couple weeks. The title is _He Giveth More Grace_ and the composer is Annie Flint.



"He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials he multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again."


Friends, we have experienced every line and phrase of that song over the past 2 weeks. During childbirth, there came a point (as there always does ;-) when I said, "Nope. I can't do this." Now, I've said that during every delivery, and I know it's what they call an "emotional milestone" of labor. But, when you're in the middle of it, you really believe it! I thought, "THIS time I MEAN it!! I *can't* do it!!!" The Ram calmly, knowingly said, "You CAN do it! You ARE doing it! You've done it 4 times before!" About that time, I asked the midwife to check my progress (you gals know what that means, lol ;-) Six cm. Just over half way dilated. Bummer. With the other babies I was at least 7 cm before I "Couldn't do it." LOL This time, I thought, "If I've got to do this so many more hours, I just can't." But, somehow, the Lord granted just enough endurance to get through just ONE MORE contraction.
See, when we look at The Whole Elephant, we think, "Wow. I could never eat that whole thing!!" But if we just concentrate on "One bite at a time" we can eventually eat that rascal. Now, don't chase that rabbit--I'm not talking about gluttony, lol, but rather disciplining our mind. During labor, I need my husband there, filling my mind with truth, placing his hands over mine on the reins as I try to steer my thoughts away from fear and panic.
Now, I don't remember much from between the "I can't do this" moment to holding Lil Miss H and Sunflower Girl in my arms. But, I'm sitting here, two weeks later and, guess what?! BY GOD'S GRACE, I *did* do it! I don't understand it.
I don't understand the peace that the Lord gave us as we said goodbye to our beloved daughter. I don't understand the peace he gave as we buried my dear mother, only a couple days later (Grandma Ewe died the day after Sunflower Girl).
I don't understand why He loved us so much, He sent His Son, Jesus, to take our punishment (death) so that we can be with Him in heaven one day. We can't earn that grace. It is a gift from God.
Oh me...I've rambled on again. I hear The Ram coming in with groceries. I tell you what, I'm a "kept woman." :-)
Hey, here's another favor you can do for me...if you haven't found your Christmas music yet, rustle around in that old cardboard box (or wherever) and see if you can't find it. It's Jesus' Birthday!!! Let's celebrate!

Gotta run...Y'all keep your wool dry...
The Ewe

Quote of the Day: "Look! I'm small enough to fit in my *maternity clothes* now!!!"
The Ewe, after losing 40 pounds, LOL!

1 comment:

Lisa-Anne said...

Sending you big big hugs and lots and lots of love!!!
I'm so glad you're my friend!!!!!
LA