Thursday, October 11, 2007

Caught!

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s,
Well, no culinary disasters to tell you about today. I played it safe last night and just popped some frozen chicken breasts (pre-cooked!) in the oven. No fancy moves. Just a hunk of meat. No problems. :-)
I discovered last night that my children have observed (and been kind enough not to comment on) a strange habit I have.
You see, my mother had a deep wrinkle between her eyebrows--that "knitted brow" look. In the last few years, I have developed my *own* Knitted Brow Wrinkle. It is an annoyance.
So, in a futile, and rather pathetic, attempt to expel that wrinkle, I have gotten into the (odd) habit of raising and stretching apart my eyebrows with my fingers. To my knowledge, I generally only indulge in this strange habit when no one else is around. At least, I *thought* no one else was around.
It was revealed last night that, at a minimum, Lioness and Lovable have observed this little ritual. They confessed to having noticed me doing it, wondering "Why?" and deciding not to ask and risk embarrassing their ol' mother.
LOL We all enjoyed a hearty laugh and I explained my odd behavior.
I think the girls were relieved.
"Oh...it's just a WRINKLE THING! Oh, OK...good!"


Sigh...My eyesight's getting weird, too...but I'll save the bifocal talk for another post.

Hey, y'all keep your wool dry!
The Ewe

2 comments:

Lisa-Anne said...

I've done that same thing, trying to smooth the "wrinkle of concern" between my eyes. :) I hear botox works wonders, but no way and I going near a needle full of botulism!! lol!

I have given a brief thought to getting that muscle clipped, but hey, the groove is already there... Nothing to do for it now except try to have bigger laugh lines than worry lines! :)
Love you!
LA

Miiko said...

You have one...I have two...but then I'm a generation older than you, hahaha. It's funny, when I 'discovered' my mom's furrow years back I teased her mercilessly about it. Sigh. Crows come home to roost. Hush, a secret. I used to apply those transparent medical tapes over the lines. Apply it for an hour and you get a creaseless look for as long as you just smile and well, not knit your eyebrows again in (fill in the blanks).

Dipping into your blog randomly....going to get other things done now! See ewe soon!