Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Revenge of the Tuesdays

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s,
Happy Wednesday!
Well, Tuesday made another joust at my cooking last night. My chicken and rice--which I've made countless times--was not cooked through by supper time. I have not had that problem before. I put it in the oven in plenty of time. Got the table set, drinks poured...then, unveiled the chicken and...

uncooked rice! GRRRRR!!!

I didn't let it get me down, though. I wouldn't give Tuesday the satisfaction. :-) I cooked up a couple frozen pizzas, put the casserole *back* in the oven...and went on with life. The rice was ready at about bedtime. I boxed it up and put it in the freezer for The Ram's lunches. Aha! Take *that,* Tuesday!

I'm considering moving my kitchen calendar to a wall that the stove can't see...

Gotta run...
Y'all keep your wool dry,
The Ewe

No comments: