Wednesday, March 21, 2007

How a Preschooler Repairs the Moon

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s,
I'm feeling fine. Our apartment is wall-to-wall tidiness. Ah, like "Brigadoon." Once every 100 years, LOL...I once saw a plaque that read, "My house was clean yesterday. Sorry you missed it." Now, I've caught flak for thinking that was funny. After all, our house should stay tidy all the time, no? I promise you, Friends, I do my best. Anyway, the (apartment) complex management came today to each apartment to treat for pests and check the smoke detectors. I've been sweating bullets for the last few days--cleaning closets, pulling out the couches, tables...vacuuming under there. (I found some treasures from the last occupants, LOL. Made me feel better.) So, while the Lambs and I were eating lunch...knock, knock, knock...
There were 3 men (from the management). They were in and out in under 30 seconds. I felt like yelling, "Hey, come back!!!! Don't you wanna look behind the sofa???" ROTFLOL
Well, we'll be leaving here next week to go back home to Big City. Gotta admit, there is much to love about the South...Still, it'll be good to get back to our new normal, up in MO.
We visited The Ram's Grandparents Waaaay Down South last weekend. It was such a nice time. Ram's Grandma can grow *anything.* It ain't just her thumb, what's green. ;-)
I guess you're wondering about the title. Let me tell you about something Tater said really early one morning last weekend...He woke up first and had something to say:


"Mommy, did you know the moon melts?"
Mommy, sleepily: "No. Really?"
"Yup."
Mommy, still sleepy: "That's neat."
"Yeah, and do you know how you fix the moon?"
Mommy opens one eye, slightly interested: "No, how?"
"You gather up lots of clouds to make the moon back."
Mommy sits up, "Wow, that's something."
"Yeah, you go up in a flying car [airplane] and gather up all the clouds to make the moon back."
Smile.
"When I grow up, I'll fly the car and you can sit beside me. "
Isn't that sweet? His mom is his co-pilot. :-) (Never did like that saying, "God is my co-pilot." If that's true, you better switch seats ;-) Anyhoo...

Well, gotta go...I feel the Tidiness slipping away..."Must clean....must clean....must cle..."
Y'all keep your wool dry,
The Ewe

3 comments:

Alipurr said...

Ok, 2 funny things about this....I almost watched Brigadoon yesterday or the day before, we were flipping channels and I stopped on a Gene Kelly one to show Dancer Girl (she likes almost all forms of dancing). We were watching one with lots of Gershwin songs, and Brigadoon was next. Second funny is that I laughed at your Brigadoon, clean house joke. I feel the same way. Very very funny. If I was in the neighborhood, I would look behind your couch, go through a grand tour, congratulate you, and bring you cookies and a big hug or something. Just recently when I got my bedroom clean, and the bed made, I was showing everyone who came to the house (friends, brother in law), and they were all truly amazed...ha ha. We are all works in progress, and I am thankful that God has the ability to change even us organizationally challenged people, ha ha. I am depending on it :)

Lisa-Anne said...

I, too, laughed at the brigadoon reference!

I know all about cleaning for a 30 second inspection, argh!!!

Lemme know when y'all get back, I could really use a Ewe-chat! :)
Love,
LA

Lisa-Anne said...

Miss you!!! where are you, dearheart?
Love
LA
PS, ANNIE!!
I
Pray
Big
Introverts
Get
Past
Embarrassing
Dynamics