Sunday, June 17, 2007

On the Shoulders of Giants

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s!
Well, today is Father's Day. I got to visit both my daddy and father-in-law last week--what a blessing!
On the way back home d-r-i-v-i-n-g (a)looooong, we listened to a preacher on the radio, delivering his Father's Day sermon. He was talking about honoring our dads and though we always hope to reach higher than our forebears, we are, indeed, "standing on the shoulders of giants." I started thinking about what great men The Ram and I each have for fathers. They are very, very different, and those differences are the very things that make each of them great. Truly, The Ram and I were both so blessed to have grown up under the care of our respective fathers. I cherish them both.
From the GrandRam's moral courage and respected leadership skills to EweDaddy's compassion and his penchant for quiet sweetness--I definitely know The Ram and I stand on the shoulders of Giants.
Let us all find ways today to encourage our dads. :-)
and also,
Y'all keep your wool dry!!
The Ewe

No comments: