Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year from the Flock!

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s,
We are putting away Christmas things and trying to get back to the routine around here. I really enjoy the holidays, but I'm ready to get back to the "same ol', same ol'."
I'm initiating (another) all out war on clutter. I've discovered that the Clutter War is never over, you just fight different battles. My two main weapons are the trash can and a Goodwill bag. I like the FlyLady approach and maybe one day I will succeed at actually *doing* it. lol For now, though, I'll just draw inspiration from her and fill up those two recepticals.
We are also trying to iron out any family health issues. I'm seeing a new doctor who is actually listening to me about my thyroid problems. She thinks we may try some antithyroid medication to see if that helps. I am hoping for an end to the Endless Summer that only I experience. lol
We'll be trying out a new dentist soon, too. All the children are due for check ups and Musical has a stubborn baby tooth that is all too content to abide in front of her adult tooth. We tease her about being a shark.
I guess that's all for now. The Lambs are waking up and I imagine they will expect to be fed. (smile)
Y'all keep your wool dry,
The Ewe

4 comments:

Lisa-Anne said...

Fight on, Sister-soldier! I'm waging war against the encroaching enemy over here, too! Begone, Christmas clutter! Off with you, old clothes and toys!
Thanks for blogging, I was getting antsy! :)
Love you!
LA

Amy Hall said...

Only Musical and Lovable need more than cleanings, that we know of.

Lioness

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lionesslamb/

Amy Hall said...

LA your last post was almost a year ago. What have you been doing? How's the baby?

Lioness

Lisa-Anne said...

Lioness, I just lost the urge to blog, I think? I have SO many projects going that I felt like one of those people who juggle spinning plates to that really annoying music that never stops... :)
I'm teaching two grades in homeschool, taking care of Blaze who is into EVERYTHING if you don't watch him, helping Andrew with his projects for the church (mostly internet-related things, working on my books, and trying to have regular quiet times! A friend and I have started a writer's group at church, there are so many people there who want to use those gifts in the Kingdom. I'm also learning a new Content Management System so I can publish an E-zine (web magazine). I guess that'll be kind of like blogging... on steroids. :)

I miss you, Lioness! :)
Love,
Lisa-Anne