Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Needed Encouragement

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s,
Well, it's ZERO degrees here...with a wind chill of between -10 and -14. WAHOOO!!! (wry laugh) I'm rethinking my attraction to Alaska. (Sorry, S.R.F.) The heat in The Ark went out last week (grrrr...uh, no..."BRRR!"). We had a frosty ride home from church last night. I'm preparing to hole up here at The Fold so The Ram can take The Ark to The Mechanic. Such irony--year before last I was yearning for air conditioning in the van...LOL
Let me tell you about a book I recently read...It's called _Passionate Housewives, Desperate for God_. It was a real encouragement to me. I've been a stay-at-home mom for 13+ years now, and after years of being told (by society) I'm throwing my life down a rat hole, wasting my intelligence and education by withering away here at home, it was so refreshing to read a book that succinctly reminds me of *why* I'm doing all this and *how* all this really matters. Ah, balm to my soul!
I'm sure some can take exception with some of the ideas in the book (isn't that always true?), but for at-home Mamas who could use a lift--it might be just what the Dr. ordered. ;-)
Well, must run...Lil Miss H just toddled in here, needing some Mama time. I'm thinking things might be a little damp "Down South." ;-)
Hey...stay warm and...
Y'all keep your wool dry,
The Ewe

1 comment:

Amy Hall said...

If I had a nice WARM tub of water I'd put my whole-self in.

If I had a nice WARM tub of water I'd put my whole-self in.

Oh I am COLD.


Lioness