Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Try It Tuesday: Reviews and News for January 25, 2011

Hello, F.O.T.E.'s,
Oh my.  I'm exhausted.  Hannah has been waking a lot at night...so *I've* been waking a lot at night.  I got behind on laundry last weekend, so I'm playing catch-up now.  I did get a triple sorter, and that really helps.  I think sorting is what takes the longest.  Anyway, I'll get on to old business right away...so I can go to bed, LOL!

Review of Fettucine Alfredo (recipe in earlier post)

Well.  I lost the carefully recorded remarks of the whole family.  BUT...this was a home run recipe.  It is a definite addition to my recipe book...and we all look forward to having it again.  It was so, so good.  In fact, I liked it better than any I've had in any restaurant.  Super yum.  If you like fettucine alfredo, you really should give it a try!

Now for this week's Try It:

It's a side dish this time.  And it's definitely *not* a whole food.  Sigh...I pulled it out of my crockpot recipe binder, in the section marked, "To Try."  I got it off the internet in 1999!  So, after over 10 years, I finally got around to trying it, lol.

Slow-Cooked Broccoli

2 pkgs (10 oz each) frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
1 can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. pepper
1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25)  [I used a Ritz-type one.]
2 T. butter

In a large bowl, combine broccoli, soup 1 C. cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.  Pour into a greased slow cooker.  Sprinkle crackers on top; dot with butter.  Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 hours.  Sprinkle with reamining cheese. Cook 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.


Ok.  Well, I'll post our comments on the broccoli recipe next week.  I'll work extra hard to not lose the paper this week...maybe I'll just put them in a draft on here....
Must run...my eyes are wanting to droop....

Y'all keep your wool dry!
The Ewe

No comments: