Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Departure

vb
Well, Friends,The Ram has left. He slipped out in the middle of the night, kissing us all as we lay in bed. The tears were pretty much all gone by that point--it was the day before that we cried buckets. We spent his last day with us for a while running errands. My, did we run! A neat thing happened on the way home...It had been raining/drizzling all day, but on the way home the sun burst through, shining bright amidst all the clouds and misting rain. I looked all around, knowing there had to be a rainbow. I finally found it--a double rainbow--the brightest I've seen. We "oohed and ahhhed" and the Ram stopped the van for me to take a picture. You may think it's corny, but I kinda took that as a nod my way from God, a reminder of His presence and promise. A few nights before, on our way home from visiting relatives I was the only one awake (yes, *I* was driving ;-). I was just talking to God, pouring out my concerns and He whispered back, "Do you trust Me to be your husband for a while?" Whoa. "Yes, Lord." Though awfully sad to be away from my wonderful husband (The Ram), I'm excited to see how the Lord takes care of us. This will be quite an adventure, an OFG--Opportunity For Growth. Pray for us.Anyway, once we got home from all our running, The Ram made us all omelets. YUM! He had planned to make them for breakfast, but we just didn't have time. After our dinner of omelets, he began packing his bags. Carnival rolled shirts for him and we scouted out all his gear. The whole thing was very surreal. It reminded me of the night before our wedding--that "I'm sure this isn't *really* happening" feeling. But, it happened. We woke up as usual, the Lambies and I, and went on with our routine. The Ram called a couple times--a luxury that will not be possible in about a month. I got an email a while ago. The weather matches our mood around here today--damp and cloudy, but not overly unpleasant. I'm taking comfort in the rain...life goes on. The trees are still getting more vivid each day. Fall is my favorite season.Carnival has lunch ready, so The Ewe's going to sign off for now...I have so much to share from the last week, just no time right now to do it. Remind me to tell you about the G.O.M. (Grumpy Old Mechanic) sometime...Y'all keep your wool dry,The Ewe

3 comments:

Lisa-Anne said...

I love you so much!!! *hugs* Give the girls and TAB (the adorable baby) kisses from us. We're praying for all of you, constantly bringing you before the One who has us all safe in His hands!
The rainbow *was* a God promise... and a double one at that!!!!! The last time I looked up for a sign and saw a rainbow like that was from Jesse's hospital room window just before Christmas this past year... he wasn't doing well at all, struggling to survive, after 2 already intense days in the hospital. Then the rainbow, and minutes later, he sat up and said, "Mommy, lets play!" and when the hospital staff came in, wondering what on earth had happened, he merrily told them that Jesus had healed him!
Do take it as a sign, dearest. A promise of "Double" goodness and faithfulness from a loving Father. :)
much love, many prayers, and anything else you need from me,
Lisa-Anne

Anonymous said...

Love and *Hugs* :) We are praying for you! So cool that you were able to snap a picture of that rainbow. What an awesome reminder to have on hand of God's faithfulness.
Looking forward to the story of the Grumpy old mechanic... ;)
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hey babe. Ever have so much to say but you don't have time for all the words? I love you. Faithful is He who is able to do exceeeeeeeedingly abundantly above all that we ask and think according (not to our strength but) to the power that worketh in us. Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus through out all ages world without end AMEN!

He is able.

BTW, what is the url for Carnival's blog?

Ram