Sunday, February 20, 2005

Grab Your Underbelly!

Hello, F.O.T.E.s!
Wow! The rain is coming down in torrents here. Where's that umbrella? A funny: The Grandma Ram is a retired kindergarten teacher. She tells a story of a student she once had who called umbrellas "underbellies." Tee hee!
We had a small thunderstorm last night at 2:00, which promptly sent all 3 girls scurrying into my bed. Reminded me of the scene in _The Sound of Music_ where the children all gathered in Maria's bedroom because of a storm. However, *I* did not feel like hopping out of bed and dancing around the room, singing "My Favorite Things." ;-) No, I relinquished my spot and went downstairs to make sure there were no watches/warnings on the t.v. Thank goodness, there were none. I went back up to bed and wriggled in between two or three children, who grunted their displeasure. (They had fallen asleep when I was downstairs.) After a couple hours of hanging my feet off the bed, trying to find a less-than-torturous position to sleep in, I gave up. When Tiny Tot woke up at 4 a.m., I decided he and I would retreat to the couch. That was a great idea, and I slept well until time to get up. Ah...what a night! LOL
Right now here, it looks like it does right before sunrise. Pretty dark. And it's after 8 a.m. The rain is coming down steadily. I could easily lie back down and sleep. But, no, I will press on. I've had my coffee anyway...If I went to sleep now, I might have another weird dream like I did last week...In that dream, I was visiting a nearby Goodwill Store. Not unusual. Except this time, you had to climb in and out of their front window. I was in the store, checking out and wondering how I was going to get out that window with 4 children and a load of goodies. LOL I woke up while I was still standing at checkout. Never did find out how that all turned out...
Well, I guess I'll go. The laundry is calling my name. "Would EWE please wash me?!" ;-)

Must run...Y'all keep your wool dry!
The Ewe

Quote of the Day: "Well, if they're going to that to learn to be gracious, you'd think they'd take their kids with them." Carnival, commenting on a radio spot, advertising babysitting for a church seminar about being a gracious woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you're an excellent writer, and that's one of the best sites I've seen posted on Cinc!! WTG!!

http://kiwi.lizardfoot.com/

That's mine. :)

Caitlin