Monday, February 28, 2005

One Year Ago Exactly

...our little Tiny Tot was born. Except he wasn't tiny...He weighed 10 lbs 14 oz, 2 oz less than Musical did. Though I didn't see it, I'm told the little man was delivered into his papa's eager hands at 8:47 p.m., Feb. 28, 2004. Our midwife had helped T.T.'s big ol' linebacker shoulders through, then The Ram caught him. Ahhh, SWEETNESS!!! Exhiliration!!! RELIEF! LOL! The only thing that was missing was.....KRISPY KREMEs!!!! When T.T. was just a minute old, the Grand Rams brought in Lovable and Musical (Carnival was already there...) at which point I practically ordered my wonderful father-in-law to go get donuts! (Yes, I'm so embarrassed now, but at the time, I wasn't in my usually-half-way-right mind). It was such a celebration. There were several folks at the midwife's house on unrelated business, but everyone knows that K.W.'s house is about BABIES!!!! and we had several people stick their heads in the door and congratulate us on "the latest model." It's fairly impossible to believe that was a whole year ago. It was a long, difficult birth. It took everything I, The Ram, my 2 midwives and the doula had. But it was amazing. We had people all over the world praying for us. That night, The Ram, T.T. and I cuddled down for the night all toasty warm together. The Ram was not delegated to an uncomfortable recliner for the night; for the first time, he got to spend our babe's first night in a warm bed. It was amazing. A year later, it's still amazing. Happy Birthday, Tiny Tot! For a peek at our midwife, see http://www.blessingsmidwifery.net/index.htm

2 comments:

Lisa-Anne said...

kiss him for me!!! :)Happy Birthday, Shofar-boy! :)

Amy Hall said...

I will L-A...thanks for everything! We love you!